What is DissGo?
DissGo is an online tool that facilitates administrative work during your PhD. You can edit all the required information about yourself and your dissertation. The "Milestones" give you an overview of the most important tasks you have to complete during your PhD such as PhD committee meetings and mandatory courses. Every Milestone has a deadline, and you are asked to complete the Milestone before that deadline. If a Milestone appears as "overdue", your Program Coordinator will be informed about outstanding duties. With DissGo, you have all information about your Milestones securely stored in one place and accessible at any time.
Who has access to my profile?
Everyone who is entitled (you, your supervisor, program coordinator, thesis committee members) has access to your Milestones and the corresponding information. This allows you to document your progress and to collaborate efficiently with your Program Coordinator.
How to use DissGo
Once your Program Coordinator has created your account, you will receive your personal login details by email. Afterwards follow these steps:
- After the login, navigate to your profile. Check if your personal data is complete and make adjustments if necessary.
- Make sure your profile is complete and includes the following tabs: Profile, Institutional Roles, Dissertation, Milestones
- Dissertation: If the "Dissertation" tab does not yet appear on your profile, please click the "Add dissertation" link and enter the details of your dissertation project.
- Add the members of your PhD committee. If a member does not appear in the list, send the contact details to your Program Coordinator.
- Milestones: Update your Milestones and submit the milestones for approval:
- For mandatory lectures & methods seminars upload the transcript of records
- For committee meetings upload the signed doctoral agreements and the research plan/progress report
- For the curriculum upload the transcript of records confirming completion of all activities offered by UZH or ETH. Upload a confirmation of attendance for each acitivity that is not bookable via UZH or ETH. Get approval of the thesis committe for confirming attendance to activities that do not provide any documentation. The curriculum needs to be submitted by the end of your PhD.